2. Use a paint brush or short nap roller (5mm) to apply the product to your timber headboard. Work along the timber grain.
3. Once you have stained the whole surface, leave it to dry for 12 hours. Don’t forget to stain the sides of the headboard, too.
4. Once dry, sand lightly before applying a second coat. Make sure you remove all sanding dust with a cloth before application.
5. Follow the 3 coat system by applying 3 coats of product, starting with Stain & Varnish.
If you achieve your desired colour in less than 3 coats of Stain & Varnish, you will need to make up the remaining coats with Feast Watson Clear Varnish. For example, if you apply 1 coat of Stain & Varnish, you will need 2 coats of Clear Varnish. This will provide full protection and complete the 3 coat system.
6. Leave to dry completely (8 hours).
7. Style the headboard and admire your handiwork!
Tip: Feast Watson products may look different depending on your timber type. To ensure you love your final colour, test your choice of Stain & Varnish on an off-cut of the timber you intend to coat.