When @januaryrevival rescued this side table, they didn’t know what the journey ahead held. Transformation is rarely linear, so your perfect furniture piece may require some trial and error. Warm, rich and moody, this side table reminds us that good things come to those who wait.
How to get @januaryrevival’s look:
1. Thrift a side table with plenty of potential.
2. Strip the existing paint with paint stripper and sand it down. Hint: use a rotary tool to strip the paint off hard-to-reach nooks and crannies.
3. Polish any handles to give them new life.
4. Coat your sanded side table with Tung Oil to nourish and protect the timber. Simply rub it in with a rag and allow to dry.
5. Apply one coat of our Prooftint in Oak for a warm base.
6. Lightly sand back the side table.
8. Apply small amounts of undiluted Black Japan Prooftint onto the side table with a rag, for even greater depth and character. Sand back any areas which come out a little too dark.
9. Finish your piece with a top coat of Tung Oil for long lasting protection and a fully developed colour.
For more detail and inspiration visit www.januaryrevival.com