Floating shelves bring a modern look to just about any space. Create yours using bare or upcycled timber and use a clear varnish to enhance the timber’s natural look. Then, add your choice of décor to express your personal style.
Tools you need:
(Power tools make your job easier, but can be replaced with hand tools if needed)
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR TIMBER SHELVES FOR THE BEST FINISH.
1. Move your timber shelves outside or place onto a drop sheet.
2. Sand the surface to smooth using a sanding block or an orbital sander.
3. Using a damp cloth, wipe away all dust remnants and residue so your surface is clean and ready to be coated.
HOW TO ADD PROTECTION AND SHINE
1. Stir product thoroughly with stirrer. Avoid introducing any bubbles as you work.
2. Using a brush, short nap roller or spray, apply Feast Watson Clear Varnish. Work in the direction of the timber grain. Ensure
all edges and the timber end grain are fully coated.
3. Leave to dry for 8 hours.
4. Once dry, sand lightly before applying a second coat using the same method.
5. Leave to dry for another 8 hours, then apply a final coat. This will ensure full protection and a beautiful sheen.
6. Leave to dry completely (8 hours).
7. Decorate your shelves and admire your handiwork!