How to prepare Feast Watson Exterior Stain and Varnish:
The best results are because of great prep! Just follow these steps:
Do you have bare timber?
This will need to weather for two weeks in order for leaching of the tannins and oils to occur.
All other timbers need to weather for approximately 4-6 weeks.
- We recommend that tannin rich timbers are regularly hosed with water to assist leaching during this time.
- To coat new timber immediately, use Intergrain® UltraPrep Tannin and Oil Remover, following label instructions.
- After weathering or using UltraPrep Tannin and Oil Remover, prepare timber for coating by washing with Feast Watson WOODCLEAN™, as per the label instructions.
- Sand to a smooth surface and remove all sanding dust before coating.
How to prepare Weathered Timber:
- Prepare weathered or grey timber by cleaning thoroughly with WOODCLEAN as per the instructions.
- Remove stain and restore deteriorated surfaces by sanding. Remember to remove all sanding dust before coating.
Previously Coated Timber
How to prepare Previously Coated Timber:
- Previously coated surfaces needs to be stripped or sanded back to bare timber before application.
- Test if the surface is ready by sprinkling water onto the timber: - if the water absorbs into the timber, you're good to go. - If the water beads, further weathering, sanding or stripping is required.
- Prepare timber for coating with WOODCLEAN as per the instructions.