How to prepare your deck for the Water Repellent Timber and Deck Oil:
Before you get coating... Let's Prep!
How to prepare new timber:
- Allow your new timber to weather for 4-6 weeks before applying.
- Ensure your deck is clean and ready to go with Feast Watson Woodclean, using a high pressure hose and a stiff bristled brush or broom.
- Sand the surface lightly to remove any grain raise for the best results for your deck. And remember, remove any leftover dust before coating!
How to prepare previously coated timber:
Do you already have your timber coated? Easy! You can coat it with the Water Repellent Timber and Deck Oil too.
- First, ensure the surface has weathered. You can check this by sprinkling water onto your deck:
- if the water absorbs - you're good to go!
- if the water beats, you may need to let your deck further weather, or requires you to either sand or strip your deck.
Do you have a painted or varnished surface?
Before coating, you must bring your timber back to bare timber by stripping or sanding your deck.