HOW TO PREPARE YOUR DECK
Proper preparation is key to achieving the best finish!
To get the most out of your deck, we recommend using Feast Watson’s Woodclean first to remove any dirt, oils or other contaminants to ensure you achieve the best result.
How to prepare New Timber...
- To coat your new timber immediately, use Intergrain® UltraPrep Tannin and Oil Remover, followed by Feast Watson Woodclean™. This way you will get the absolute best result from the Matt Look Deck Oil.
- Alternatively, allow your new timber to weather for 4 - 6 weeks before applying. If you have a rich coloured timber hose it down recularly to release the tannin from the timber.
- If you have pine decking, leave this to weather for 2 weeks before you coat with oil.
How to prepare Weathered Timber...
- Make sure to clean your deck with Woodclean to ensure a blank canvas for your new masterpiece. No dirt or mould is welcome here!
- If you have any stains or deteriorated surfaces, we recommend sanding the surfaces.
- Don’t forget to get rid of all sanding residue before starting with Matt Look Deck Oil!