How to prepare your timber for Feast Watson Wood Shield:
Let's prep! Pick your timber from the below list and follow the steps:
Do you have new timber?
- Allow your new timber to weather in its final position for 4-6 weeks.
- Prepare and clean your timber for coating with Feast Watson Woodclean as per the instructions.
- For best results, lightly sand the surface to remove any grain raise. Remember to remove all sanding dust before coating!
Do you have weathered timber?
- Using Feast Watson Woodclean, prepare and clean your weathered or grey timber.
- Sanding may be required to remove stains and restore deteriorated surfaces. Remove all sanding dust before coating.
Previously Coated Timber
Do you have Previously Coated Timber?
- If your timber is coated with stain or oil, it can be coated with Wood Shield after the surface has weathered.
- Test if the surface is ready by sprinkling water onto the timber
- If the water absorbs into the timber, you're good to go!
- If the water beads, further weathering, sanding or stripping is needed.
- Painted or varnished surfaces need to be taken back to bare timber by stripping or sanding. Prepare timber for coating with Feast Watson Woodclean as per the instructions.