How to prepare your timber for Feast Watson Woodshield:
Let's prep! Pick your timber from the below list and follow the steps:
Do you have new timber?
- Allow your new timber to weather in its final position for 4-6 weeks.
- Prepare and clean your timber for coating with Feast Watson Woodclean as per the instructions.
- For best results, lightly sand the surface to remove any grain raise. Remember to remove all sanding dust before coating!
Do you have weathered timber?
- Using Feast Watson Woodclean, prepare and clean your weathered or grey timber.
- Sanding may be required to remove stains and restore deteriorated surfaces. Remove all sanding dust before coating.
Previously Coated Timber
Do you have Previously Coated Timber?
- If your timber is coated with stain or oil, it can be coated with Wood Shield Oil after the surface has weathered.
- Test if the surface is ready by sprinkling water onto the timber
- If the water absorbs into the timber, you're good to go!
- If the water beads, further weathering, sanding or stripping is needed.
- Painted or varnished surfaces need to be taken back to bare timber by stripping or sanding. Prepare timber for coating with Feast Watson Woodclean as per the instructions.pare timber for coating with Feast Watson Woodclean as per the instructions.