How to prepare Feast Watson Wipe-on Poly:
Before getting started, ensure the following:
- Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with a Water Based Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching.
- With mineral turpentine, remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil.
- Using a suitable polish remover, remove any polish.
If you are applying Wipe-on Poly to Bare Timber:
- Sand to a smooth surface.
- Remember to remove all sanding dust before coating.
- For naturally oily timbers, seal the timber with Feast Watson Proofseal as per the directions prior to application.
Previously Coated Timber
If you are applying Wipe-on Poly to Previously Coated Timber:
- Sand back previously varnished surfaces to a dull finish.
- Remove all sanding dust before coating.
- Thoroughly clean the surface with Floorclean and allow to dry.
- Apply one coat to a small test area. Allow to dry for 6 hours.
- Press sticky tape firmly to the surface and pull off quickly.
- If the coating comes off, sand back to bare timber.
- If coating adheres well, sand the entire area with 180 - 240 grit paper for good adhesion, remove dust, then follow application instructions.