Reawaken originality using the unique structure of a contemporary-Vintage Chaise
Use the beautiful, original structure of an antique chaise and rediscover its potential and natural beauty by applying Feast Watson Scandinavian Oil, leaving you with a simple, elegant vintage chair.
What you'll need
Feast Watson Scandinavian Oil™
Safety gear (Protective Glasses, Clothing, Ear coverings and a mask)
How to get @danielle_symes’ look
1. Thrift a pre-loved chaise with plenty of potential.
2. Sand all the timber elements of the chaise down to reveal the gorgeous natural timber grain.
3. Use a rotary tool to get any remnants of paint or rust out of detailed or hard-to-reach areas. Don’t forget to remove any sanding dust before coating.
4. Check that your chaise can support your weight without sagging. If necessary, reinforce the base of your chaise.
Using Feast Watson Scandinavian Oil
5. Thoroughly stir Feast Watson Scandinavian Oil with a flat blade stirrer, taking care not to introduce any bubbles.
6. Apply one coat of Scandinavian Oil with a saturated cloth or pad to protect the timber and preserve its natural grain.
Tip: If you want to apply Scandinavian Oil with a brush, ensure that you work the oil into the chaise with a clean cloth after application.
7. Allow to dry, and enjoy relaxing on your newly revitalised chaise!