Create unique pastel wood stains with Prooftint and Liming White
What you'll need
Time to experiment!
- Pour an even amount of Liming White Stain & Varnish into various containers. Add 2-3 drops of your desired Prooftint stain to a bowl and mix well. NB: To achieve the best colours, mix no more than 5% Prooftint to Stain & Varnish Liming White.
- Using a brush, apply your colour creations onto a scrap piece of timber to discover your favourite shades.
- If you want to deepen the colour, increase the number of Prooftint drops.
- To create Geneva's pink shade, mix Stain & Varnish Liming White with 3 drops of Prooftint in Cedar.
Time to stain
- Once you have achieved your desired colour, apply the wood stain to each timber piece of your side table.
- Allow the stain to penetrate for 2-5 minutes before wiping the excess with a cloth.
- Allow to dry completely.
Assemble your side table
- Screw each leg to the middle of the base piece.
- Evenly arrange the legs and screw each leg into the underside of the tabletop. 1 screw in each corner of the base piece.
How to upcycle a cabinet using our wood stain colours
Have you've stumbled across a well-loved furniture piece in desperate need of some TLC? Why not revive it like Geneva Vanderzeil did with this stunning cabinet using Prooftint Black Japan.
How-to repurpose with Geneva Vanderzeil
Obsessed with furniture refreshing and reviving old pieces with some TLC, Geneva took to re-loving her vintage cabinet with a simple strip, sand and stain.