Geneva Vanderzeil restores some beachy lounge chairs
What you'll need
Start with a good clean and sand
- Remove any fabric elements from the chairs.
- Thoroughly clean the timber with a power washer to remove any dirt. For the best result, we recommend preparing the timber with our Woodclean to help remove oils, mould, stains and tannins. Allow to dry.
- Sand the timber with 240 grit sandpaper using the electric sander for a smooth surface.
- Make sure to wipe away any sanding dust before you coat.
Enhance their beauty and protect them from the elements
- Thoroughly stir Weatherproof Varnish before and during application.
- Using a brush, coat the timber with Weatherproof Varnish.
- Make sure to apply a minimum of three coats, allowing 12 hours to dry between each coat.
- Replace the fabric elements with either the original (after a good clean!) or something bespoke.
Refresh your outdoor timber furniture
@dotandpop shares her tips for refreshing outdoor timber furniture to get it looking like new again in time for the warmer months and entertaining season.
Outdoor table refresh | Get the look
With some patience, imagination and our Timber & Deck Stain in Grey Mountain Ash, @thestylehosts refreshed this outdoor table to a beautiful, timeless piece.