A bold front door with Feast Watson Timber & Deck Stain
What you'll need
Inspect & prep
- If you're using a pre-loved door, make sure you examine it for any damage or wear and make any necessary repairs.
- Sand the timber with 240 grit sandpaper to create a smooth surface.
- Make your cleaning solution by diluting 1 part Woodclean to 4 parts water. Use a stiff bristle brush to apply the solution to dampened timber and scrub the surface vigorously.
- Leave for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
Impart a bold hue
- Once the timber is completely dry, it's time to stain. Thoroughly stir the Timber & Deck Stain with a flat blade stirrer.
- Using a brush, evenly coat the timber door following the direction of the timber's grain.
- Allow 12 hours of drying time between coats. Then apply your second coat.
- If you want to add an extra layer of reflective protection and make the colour pop, apply a coat of Feast Watson Weatherproof Varnish.
Black Japan Timber & Deck Stain
If your deck doesn't look as fresh as it once did, it's time to transform it. Our Timber & Deck Stain in Black Japan imparts a rich, welcoming hue while protecting your timber from the elements.
How to upcycle a cabinet using our wood stain colours
Have you've stumbled across a well-loved furniture piece in desperate need of some TLC? Why not revive it like Geneva Vanderzeil did with this stunning cabinet using Prooftint Black Japan.