Enhance the look of your outdoor timber and protect it from the elements
What you'll need
Beautiful, long-lasting timber finishes start with proper surface preparation
- Dilute Woodclean™ by mixing 1 part Woodclean™ to 4 parts water and stir thoroughly.
- Use a stiff bristle brush to vigorously scrub the timber surface. Let the solution penetrate the wood for 20 minutes, before rinsing it off with a high-pressure hose.
- Allow the timber to dry completely.
Coat to enhance and protect
- Thoroughly stir Wood Shield™, taking care not to introduce bubbles.
- Use a brush, roller, or spray to apply it in the direction of the wood grain.
- Ensure that the edges and end grain are coated.
- Allow the coating to penetrate the timber for 30 minutes before applying additional coats. You don't need to wait for it to be fully dry before recoating.
- Apply additional coats until your timber is fully saturated and unable to absorb more coating. A minimum of two coats is required.
How to weatherproof outdoor furniture
Follow Geneva Vanderzeil's lead as she restores and protects some well-loved outdoor furniture with our Weatherproof™ Varnish. Creating a beachy space that's protected from the summer heat.
Refresh your outdoor timber furniture
@dotandpop shares her tips for refreshing outdoor timber furniture to get it looking like new again in time for the warmer months and entertaining season.