How to prepare Feast Watson Tung Oil:
Let's get that matt look…
Note: If you wanted to stain your timber, it is recommended to seal the soft porous timber with one coat of Tung Oil prior to staining. To stain the timber, use a blend of Tung Oil and Prooftint (up to 10%).
How to prepare new or bare timber/cork:
- Punch exposed nails below the surface. If you have any holes and imperfections, they should be filled with timber putty after the first coat of Tung Oil. This ensures to match the putty colour with the coated timber colour.
- Sand timber to an even, smooth surface. Remember to vacuum and wipe to remove dust.
Previously Coated Timber
How to prepare previously coated surfaces:
- Clean surface with Feast Watson Floorclean and allow to dry.
- If you have previous polyurethane coatings or varnishes, this needs to be removed by sanding the surface back to bare timber.
- If you have previous coatings of Tung Oil, this can be recoated without resanding.