Water Repellent Timber & Deck Oil
Naturally Grey Weathered Timber Look
ACHIEVE A NATURALLY GREY WEATHERED TIMBER LOOK - with water protection.
Feast Watson Timber & DECK OIL is a clear penetrating oil which allows exterior timber to naturally grey over time whilst repelling water. WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK OIL can be used for exterior cladding and weatherboards, decking, fences and gates, windows and doors and timber panelling. Regular maintenance is required.
• Allow new timber to weather in its final position for 4 - 6 weeks.
• Prepare timber for coating with Feast Watson WOODCLEAN as per instructions.
• For best results, lightly sand the surface to remove any grain raise. Remove all sanding dust before coating.
• Prepare weathered or grey timber by thoroughly cleaning with a high pressure water hose and a stiff bristled brush or broom.
• Firm sanding may be required to remove stains and restore deteriorated surfaces. Remove all sanding dust before coating.
Previously Coated Timber
• Timber coated with stain or oil can be coated with WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK
OIL after the surface has weathered. Test if the surface is ready by sprinkling water onto the timber: if the water absorbs into the timber it is suitable for coating. If the water beads, further weathering, sanding or stripping is required.
• Painted or varnished surfaces need to be takenback to bare timber by stripping or sanding.
• Prepare timber for coating with a high pressure water hose, and a stiff bristled brush or broom.
Allow the timber to dry completely before applying WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK OIL.
• WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK OIL should be stirred thoroughly before and during application with a flat blade stirrer taking care not to introduce bubbles.
• Apply one coat of WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK OIL using a brush, roller or spray. If applying with a roller or spray, back brush the coating to ensure even penetration. Work along 3 - 4 planks at a time, in the direction of the grain. Ensure edges and end grain are fully coated.
• Allow coating to fully soak into timber before applying additional coats. Allow at least 2 hours to penetrate. Coating does not need to fully dry before applying subsequent coats. A minimum of two coats is required.
• Do not apply in temperatures under 10°C or above 35°C or when rain or heavy dew is expected within the coating dry time.
• Regularly monitor coated timber for signs of loss of water repellency.
• Maintenance required every 3-6 months to maintain water repellency.
• When required, clean the surface using a high pressure water hose and a stiff bristled brush or broom, allow the surface to dry and recoat with two coats of WATER REPELLENT TIMBER & DECK OIL.